Having trouble with part of the CIW Course

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by dee1810, Aug 14, 2005.

1. dee1810

dee1810 Byte Poster

Hi all

the problem is that I'm experiencing some real difficulties with Perl Fundamentals...now this isn't the tutor's fault, in fact, they have done everything possible for me.
    I read and read the course notes, but I can't seem to understand the syntax or be able to re-produce it sometimes.

I have looked at some websites, but they explain it in a way that gives me the idea that I need to have previous programming experience. I don't, I'm ashamed to say..

Does anyone know of any tutorials that will spell it out, like "I'm a three-year old". I'm hoping that when I get into revision, that things will start to drop into place more easily.

I seem to be in the wrong forum, If anyone can tell me how to "bump" it there, please let me know! Sorry

Certifications: Foundations, Site Designer & JavaScript
    WIP: Server Admin, and Perl
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I played with Perl for a little while and found that Perl can get pretty confusing. Here is the Perl homepage. On this site there are links to tutorials and tons of information on Perl. Hope this helps.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1