have you ever accidentally gone on a dogey website at work?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I was googling at work just random things, and I saw on one of the search results it said "do not click, this site may have been compromised" well curiosity was killing me and I said to myself "yolo" and clicked on it.. well big mistake all this adult content was flying all over my screen and the more I tried to close it the more content appeared, I was looking at my coworker hoping he did not see what was going on as he would assume I was purposely looking at this content, my boss was seconds away from my screen so I just switched the system off completely.. sat back shaking wondering if anyone had seen.

Never again... until next time.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Let's hope the web monitoring didn't flag it up to management ;)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I had concerns about this but around 4 months have passed and its been ok

4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I think as long as you can explain yourself, and it is a one off, or two or three times spaced, you should be fine. If you google exams for instance, all kinds of garbage comes up, scams, pass first time guaranteed etc. I don't doubt if you clicked one of those your web filter would block a lot of them, but if you're legitimately looking for resources for an exam, I'd say that's an acceptable excuse.

I'm trying to think if I've ever done it, I'm sure I've been blocked trying to get to legitimate sites before and thought nothing of it

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs