Have another interview tomorrow. Can someone ask me questions >>

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by katloummm, Sep 9, 2012.

1. katloummm

katloummm New Member

you think they might ask at the interview, here's the spec

Main responsibilities: Deal with help desk calls promptly, effectively and efficiently, and in line with prioritisation levels detailed in our service level agreement. Resolve simple and medium complexity issues and refer more complex issues to 2rd line support. Duties include: Answer help desk calls and provide first line support, Record all actions and when relevant, solution details, Previous helpdesk experience is essential. Candidates must have solid commercial experience of: PC and printer hardware, Basic understanding of networking - DNS, DHCP etc, MS Windows XP administration, the full Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Ideally candidates should also have experience with Active Directory and email service administration.

I'm just doing some revision to ensure I get the best answers tomorrow (No, I dont want YOU to give me the answers, I want to answer them myself at the best of my ability (or make my ability better lol))

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi Katloumm,
    Here's one I was asked at an interview a few years back-

"Can you tell me about a problem that you have solved, and how you solved it?"

HTH
    NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. katloummm

katloummm New Member

Do you think it's best to relate any answers to IT problems, or...should I be a bit more adventurous? Thanks for any tips, interviews make me nervous, scared, and panicky. I hate it :( Lol.

4. Notes_Bloke

In that particular interview, they said it didn't have to be an IT problem I'd solved - which was good - as I wasn't working in IT at the time:D

I suppose it depends on the interviewers. They may say it doesn't have to be about an IT problem.

I think they (in the interview I went to) were trying to establish how I approached a problem, and what steps I took to solve it.

I'm the same with interviews - they make me nervous! I'm usually a nervous wreck right up until I get in the interview room, and then I say to myself "If I continue to be a bag of nerves, I'll screw this up big time", and I try to relax. I find that if I think "I have to get this job", then that makes it worse and I'm more nervous, whereas if i take a more "laid back approach" and think there will be other jobs/interviews then it isn't so bad as it takes the pressure off (a bit). Plus the more interviews you go too - the better you will get at them.

HTH
    NB

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  5. Notes_Bloke

Good luck for the interview :D

Cheers
    NB