Has anyone used Network+ Study Guide by Glen E Clarke

Discussion in 'Network+' started by jo74, Dec 20, 2008.

1. jo74

jo74 Byte Poster

Has anyone tried this book?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Network-Cer...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229779357&sr=1-4
    It's by the co-author of the Network+ passport book.
    I know Sybex's book by Groth gets mentioned a lot but I'm just not a fan of the style of Sybex's books, my A+ one ended up on ebay.

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA
  2. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Never seen that book before.

I think most people would recommend the Mike Meyers Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide.

I thought the Mike Meyers book was excellent.

Mercury

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I was about to say that I'd be concerned because the book was published almost 3 years ago and there are no reviews, but when I went to the generic (without country codes) Amazon.com, the book was reviewed 4 times and all reviews were favorable.

That said, check out the Amazon reviews for the Groth and Meyers books as well. If you don't want to just rely on Amazon.com reviews, Google the titles of the book and "reviews" to see what else comes up. That should give you a fair idea of the relative value of each text.

Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

I have seen the book in Borders Bookshop and can say that is not as good as Meyers book. I would not buy the book.
    Oh, and if you want any book just go to http://www.scribd.com :D you can find there plenty of books for free

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  5. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

I used the Mike Meyers' Certification Passport to Network+ 2nd Edition, written by Glen E. Clarke also. I thought it was great, though probably not an exhaustive informational resource.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+