has anyone heard of this company? Unsure..

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zet, Nov 24, 2010.

1. zet

zet Byte Poster

Hey guys,

A few days ago I got a phonecall from a IT Recruitment agency called testing circle. Basically, they've asked me to come down for the day for an Assessment:

9.30 am: Introduction on IT Academy Assessment Day and how we can help you achieve your career goals
    10 am: Self introduction exercise
    11 am: Group exercise one – the logic problem
    12.30 am: Lunch
    1.30 pm: Single exercise two – case study
    2 pm: Break
    2.15 pm: Verbal and numerical reasoning tests
    2.45 pm: Formal interview
    4 pm: Discussion about Training we can offer

Has anyone heard of them before? Is it just another Training Provider? I've looked around on there site and they offer courses but I've never come across those certifications before. The thing thats different is that they have a 'graduate academy' where there is no talk of money mentioned. the site is trainingcircle.com - I've googled but found nothing on this company aside from there posts.

Oh and they said they'd either get me a job or offer an unpaid internship, depending upon how I do.

Thanks in advance

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  2. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

It's just a training provider mate, any training provider that tries to get you on their courses under these circumstances is nothing more than a crook as far as I'm concerned, stay well clear.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yup. They'll put you through some tests - tell you that you're great.
    Tell you there's a job that you'd be perfect for...
    ...If only you had a CCNA.

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. zet

zet Byte Poster

Oh. Haha, I emailed the guy and asked him about money and training...basically he was dancing around the question of 'will I have to pay for the training' ...I then asked him straight 'will I at any point have to pay for anything' ...he hasn't replied back.

*edit* I'm also starting to loaf those training providers that advertise in sneaky ways...avoiding money/putting on their adverts how much they're going to charge etc...

5. zet

zet Byte Poster

interesting he replied telling me "No you will not, what we do is that we offer free training if we feel that you need it. If not we will put you forward for to our clients straight away."

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

[​IMG]
    :eek:

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Then you need to know what kind of markup he is charging to provide you to his clients because they aren't doing this for free.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

I know how desperation and the depression associated with being out of work can fuzz your perception of things, but if it sounds too good to be true, then chances are it is too good to be ture.

I've come across and fallen for a these sales techniques myself, from the looks of the agenda, the whole day is about making you feel important, wanted and respected again - feelings that you dont tend to have when looking for a better job or unemployed. The idea is that at the end of the day you'll have gone on such an emotional roller-coaster you will sign or do anything to hold on to thes new feelings associated with being respectfully employed again.

But if you think about this logically, what they are saying is...

• We have clients who are looking for skilled IT workers.
    • We can't/won't get any already skilled IT workers (despite the mass unemployment).
    • Our only solution is to train people for free at our own cost, then find them a job.

If there are any jobs at the end then I'm willing to bet a half eaten cheese roll and a Twix that they are extremely poor paid (if any).

My advice is to stay well clear, but if your still tempted, don't sign anything there and then, ask them if you can take the contract home for a couple of days and read it though. If they find an excuse, or try putting pressure on you to sign, then walk away.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  9. zet

zet Byte Poster

Har har, I mean to say 'loathe' :( dont mock me!

10. zet

zet Byte Poster

I definitely agree with this. There is no way I'm going to pay money out of my own pocket for a job.

11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Just messing with you. Sorry. :biggrin

12. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I'm not sure that this is of much relevance to be honest. Yeah he probably is doing this, but at the end of the day, if you are getting training, and are happy with the salary being provided, why does it matter how much he is charging to make a living?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  13. zet

zet Byte Poster

Well, I asked for a contract or some form of terms and conditions...and nothing, there are none. Well, what I mean is that the contract is provided by the company that is going to hire me. Interesting, I think I'll go on Friday as I'm unable to punch any holes into their business model. It seems that they are a recruitment/training agency that work on commission?

I think the only downfall I can see is that I won't be a successful candidate and the way this works is that they pick the top candidates on the day. He did assure me that if I am not selected they will place me on an internship of some sort.