HAs anybody has passed MCSE course and have a good recomendation ?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Norasrul, Aug 20, 2005.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. In my case it was a lot more than some "strong English real ale". I was a heavy drug abuser for a decade or more. However, part of it is just the changes that come with age and understanding.

I absolutely hated algebra when I was in high school. I just couldn't get it. If it hadn't been for algebra I would have graduated with honors from high school even though all I did was screw around.

A little more than a decade later I went through an Industrial Maintenance Technology course and a good share of that course was electrical theory. Algebra and trig are used extensively in electrical calculations and I just breezed through that stuff because I could finally see a use for algebra. I had a framework to put it to use in and it made all the difference in the world. I went from C's and D's in algebra to literally aceing anything to do with it when associated with electricity.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

getting back to the original question, i myself have always taken the self-study track. this way i use the books and whitepapers that i want (nowadays you can even buy excellent second hand books on ebay and amazon), tinkering in a cheap but functional lab i assembled from old junk pc's, and above all setting my own goals and deadlines.
    i had taken two courses back in the windows nt 4.0 days, but those were a real disappointment. the trainer just read aloud from the ms press book. i figured i could that myself as well, and save myself a lot of money and agony.

having said that, i understand that self-study is not for everyone. so instead of looking at a whole package bootcamp (not sure if that's what you're looking for, actually), why not take only one mcp course and see if you like the method of guided study. i'm not very keen on bootcamps. they do tend to be a quick fix for something that takes time by default, and there are a lot of dodgy bootcamps out there that use braindumps as one of the tools.

3. DaveB

DaveB Bit Poster

I COMPLETELY agree. I should have been more explicit in what I said. My experience there was that The Training Camp provides an EXTREMELY good training environment, and for what it is, it is far better than I imagined. HOWEVER, it is not somewhere to go to learn something from scratch. I don't know if Norasrul is new to IT - ths assumption seems to have been based in him / her thinking there was only one exam for the MCSE, bit that's not the case. S/he said :

"Anybody has passed MCSE exam and have a good recomendation of MCSE training Center?"

but also:

"Please help me coz I need to get them by end of this year..."

It could be that s/he has more experience than s/he has been given credit for. If you are still out there Norasul, please let us know what sort of experience you have, that will help us to give you the best advice we can.

If you are relatively new to this I would certainly NOT recommend a boot camp. I firmly agree that anyone doing one of these courses should have a good understanding of most of the concepts and material that will be covered before they go and some decent experience in the industry. If you do and you have a tight deadline to get certified in (and the time and money for it) it is worth considering. But bear in mind that even the really experienced people found it hard going. Don't kid yourself that it is an easy option - it is not!

When we finished our course the MCSE guys had another 7 days to go and were already exhausted!

Certifications: MCAD
    WIP: MCSD