Hardest - A+ or mcdst?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Notebook, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Notebook

Notebook Bit Poster

Hi All
    just about to use some of my react redundancy training fund. read the myers? A+ a whils back and was bored to death - 286 processors etc - not really fussed with hardware - learnt a bit of programming, and loved it, so I guess I am more software based.

Anyway as lots of you have done both, which was harder?

Thanks

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It all depends on what experience and knowledge you already posses.

Out of the four exams (A+ has two, MCDST has two) I actually found the A+ essentials the hardest but not because I didn't know the material it was because when you get a question it will say something like select the best response and you look at the possible answers and think 'hey it could be all of those'.

The wording in the compTIA exams isn't as good as the MCDST but in all honesty you should have the A+,N+ and MCDST but only if your looking to be an IT tech or support role.

If you want to do programming why don't you look at programming courses like a cours in C# or ASP.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Notebook

Notebook Bit Poster

Thanks for the reply

slightly off topic, but are there the same type of exams for those languages?
    looking at A+ and mcdst then you pass them and you have something to show - I know people will say its just the start etc but you have a certificate.
    I did some vb a while ago at college and enjoyed it - just not aware or the certification for it - sorry if I sound dumb.
    Thanks

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not aware of any certifications that are like A+ etc for programmers but there are certifications in flash etc (I think you take them through certiport exam centers).

I believe most programmers actually get into it by way of HNDs and BSC computer science degrees. THere are few developers etc on here. Why not PM them are ask them. Fergal may be able to help aswell as Dmarsh and the prof.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10