1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Veterans Day from my 7-year-old

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Nov 13, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My oldest son had an in-class assignment to write a letter to a veteran. He chose to write a letter to me. :) Who wouldn't love to get a letter like this?

I thumbtacked the original in my office. He's such a good kid. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

That's pretty cool!

I only did my one year obligatory army service in Finland... but seeing as my country is in no war and just about never sends its troops anywhere, I only really had a chance to experience the freezing winters, being left alone to fend for ones-self for a few weeks in the wilderness, and other "ranger" related experiences...

Was good times tho', I don't regret it.

What I don't appreciate is the modern kids who tend to put down such experiences these days, they have no idea what they're missing out on my skimping the army service. That was a memorably year, living in the wilderness with a bunch of buddies, shooting sweet guns, planting mines, taking a dump in the forest... haha :D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Very nice BM...

4. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Stuff like that is why I love kids. Did you have a sword ha ha I can't wait for my son to do stuff like this

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  5. BosonMichael

Not a sword! A sowrd! Clearly different. :p :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Oh yes sorry how silly of me, one has magic powers and one doesn't :D Brilliant mate. I loved where he says "glad you didn't die" ha ha er yeah me too son ha ha

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  7. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I just bought a sword... a replica of some Japanese Anime.

It's over 5 foot tall! I wonder how the guy in the anime manages to sheath his sword because it's too long for me to sheath back into the holster, and I'm not that short :D

Looks cool on the wall tho'.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  8. BosonMichael

Yeah, I think that's gonna become a meme here at work. :p

"I think I'm just about done with the CCIE update."
    "Wow, that's great. I'm glad you didn't die."

Comedy gold. :biggrin

9. BosonMichael

Maybe his is extendable... 5 foot sheathed, retracting to a couple feet sheathed.