Happy Days!!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tripwire45, Jun 10, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

:D :D :D I got the job!!! As you may remember, I interviewed last week with a group called EmergeCore for the position of in-house technical writing. Yesterday, as I was pulling in to the parking lot at the dentist's office, my cell phone went off. They called and offered me the job.

I went in this morning to talk to the guy who interviewed me. They made me a very decent offer right off including benefits. It sounds very exciting. They have a desperate need to have their manual, CRW manual, and quick install guide rewritten. After that, there's web content such as the FAQs and the KB to work on. Since it's a pretty new place, I'll also have the chance to cross train with the help desk guys and the engineers and maybe even do trainings on DHCP, DNS, and routing for the expanding help desk (they're about to go 24/7).

Needless to say, I'm thrilled out of my mind at the prospect. They're ok with me giving my 2 week's notice to my current employers so I don't start until the last Monday in June. I will continue to do my textbook writing in the evenings and on weekends but will do EmergeCore Monday through Friday. I can't believe this is happening!

I don't know if I'll have much of a presence here during the day (my day in the US at any rate) since it sound like I won't have much time to surf the web but we'll see how structured they are.

This is my first full-time job in almost five years and my first full-time permanent job in IT ever! For those of you out there struggling to build an IT career, there is hope.

Yippee!!!!!

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I'm made up for you Trip :D

Excellent :!:

3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well done Trip thats really good. show them what ur really made of mate. Time for a few of these I think... :cheers2 and who will end up like this I wonder? :alc2 :lol:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Woo hoo, Congratulations Trip. I'm really happy for you. You really deserve this. [​IMG]

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

heh beers are on you then trip :)
    good job mate, congrats!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Wohoo Trip! Nice one - I am so pleased for you - you really deserve it! Congratulations! :cheers2

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Good one Trip, big congrats
    :D :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

You Da Man, Trip - big Gratz :D

Just shows you - you get what you strive for. Your an inspiration once again :thumbleft :clap

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well done Trip and good luck. :lol:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Here's an update. I just received an e-mail from the publisher I sent in my book proposal to. Apparently, my proposal made it through the first meeting and, if it succeeds through a second meeting next week, I'll officially have a book to write. Here's an excerpt of what I was sent:
    No, I haven't turned into a self-absorbed egomaniac. Sure, it really feels good that some success seems to be coming my way. I still must credit the wonderful support of everyone here at certforums. I would never have made it though without my wonderful family who's stood by me through all this and the G-d who created me. The minute I forget that, it will all slip through my fingers like beach sand. I really am just grateful.

11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Erm, who's going to tell him ? :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. AJ

I will Gav

It's CERTFORUMS.CO.UK

13. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I wonder if there is a tool to spellcheck copy-paste :?: :lol:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  14. AJ

Still you can't blaim him, just been given the nod for writing a book, excitement, age, it must get to you after a while. :D

15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I love you too, sweetheart. Or, as Maxwell Smart might say: "Sorry about that, Chief". The names are so similar and I toggle back and forth across three (primarily) techie forums that names easily get mixed up. I used to think my parents were daft when they'd mix up my name with my brother's...especially since we're 10 years apart in age, but I routinely do that with my kids. It happens. :oops:

16. GGGunit

GGGunit New Member

nice one ! way to go

17. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Your own book, brillaint :!:
    Great news.

What subject(s) does it cover :?:

18. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Actually, the details of any book are kept under wraps until it's time to do the marketing and it's near publication. I haven't signed my contract and NDA yet, but that's assumed to be forthcoming so I'll play by the rules.

Hint: Major operating system. It's going to be a lot of work and I've got three months from when I sign the contract to pump it out. Long nights and weekends. Lot's and lots of screen shots. I've even been invited to do a sample page spread by next week...extra selling point, I guess.

Heat up another pot of coffee!

19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Update: the book proposal was approved. I've got a book to write (everybody stay back...give him air...). :D

20. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

congrats mate, good luck on it!! not sure how much free time you will have now though, might have to postpone the beer! lol :)

All the best with it, keep us posted on the progress, (without breaking NDA) :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0