Happy Birthday BosonMichael!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Mr.Cheeks, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Happy birthday Michael 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. thepureintheheart

thepureintheheart Bit Poster

My best wishes and happy birthday! :)

WIP: A+, Network+, MCDST
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Happy birthday old guy.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

A belated Happy Birthday to you. Hope you had a lovely day!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

indeed a belated many happy returns!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Belated happy returns!

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

happy b-day mate, hope you had a awesome day :biggrin

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  8. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Hope you had a great day.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Pepsi... bleah!! Coke, baby, Coke!!!

Thanks, ya hippie! :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. BosonMichael

A belated thank you to all of you! Been covered up with technical edits on the A+... and this fine forum deserves far more time than I could afford to spend this week. :)

So... now I'm 39... for the first time. Next year, I'll be 39 for the second time. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You'll be 40! Say it! You can't live in denial forever. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  12. BosonMichael

39 years and 12 months. 8)

13. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

Happy Bday Mate:biggrin

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680
  14. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

HB MB :bdaysmile

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

On a serious note Michael, I felt absolutely great when I was 40. I was in about the best shape I've been in my life. People couldn't believe I was 40 when I told them. I wish I hadn't taken my health for granted. Now I'm paying for it...not in a tremendously serious way, but I know I'm paying the price for how I abused my body by how I feel today.

I know you don't believe me (most of you out there won't, unless you have health problems), but do yourself a favor and start taking care of yourself. I know you don't live life to a dangerous excess, but those diet soft drinks will definitely mess up your liver and other parts of your body. You'll feel it in another 10 years (which is not that far away). Cut back on the caffeine and start thinking about more fruits and veggies instead of meat and fat (I know, I sound like somebody's mother).

I've had "Issues" with my stomach/liver/gallbladder over the past few years that I'm still dealing with and it was all preventable. As we get older, our bodies don't recover from damage and injury as well and the lifestyle you take for granted right now is already changing your life, and not for the better.

:steps off soapbox now: :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  16. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

In dog years?

lol, I'm kidding. 40 is young. Will Smith is 40, Brad Pitt is 40+, it's when you get to 60 you'll need to worry

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  17. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Happy belated birthday dude:) it's another year of grace. Blessings:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  18. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

C'mon why wont anyone say what we're all really thinking???? Happy Birthday ya old fart!

Just to make it worse, the four other people i work with in my office are all under 25 (even my manager) and they reckon i'm old at 35!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  19. BosonMichael

Thanks, everyone. :)

Actually, I'm a little overweight (5'10", 205ish), but I really feel pretty good. I rarely get sick these days, even with two kidlets.

I've only started drinking diet drinks in the past couple years. And even so, Splenda isn't metabolized by the body to any great degree, and the chlorinated sucrose doesn't dissociate into sucrose and free chlorine, so as a degreed chemist, I feel relatively safe with it (unlike Nutrisweet/Aspartame, which starts breaking down at body temperature into pleasant things like fermaldehyde :blink).

I don't have the spare cash these days to eat out much, so my wife cooks and I take my lunch. She's a vegetarian, so I get my fill of veggies, that's for sure. In fact, she didn't start cooking meat until the kids got a little older. I probably need to limit my portion sizes, though. Her food is quite tasty. :)

I'm trying to make room in my life for working out. I love to run, and I plan on running the marathon here at some point - hopefully before I turn 50! hah!

The one thing I wish I did more of is sleep. But sleeping too much tends to make me feel MORE worn out, not LESS worn out... :unsure Never figured out why that is... And life doesn't slow down.

I could probably limit my snacky foods more than I do. Salty stuff's a weakness for me.

Cut back on the caffeine? Heresy, man! I'll do anything but that! :p :morebeer

20. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've been ill for the last four days, on naught but dry toast and water. It makes you appreciate a good diet!

The surprising thing for me was, the last time I tried to kick off caffeine, I got *serious* withdrawl symptoms. Massive headache, grouchy(ier than normal). I haven't touched hot drinks (got told to avoid dairy, although I often drink coffee black I got told not to dehydrate myself, and black coffee does that to ya!) and had no carbonated, and I haven't had a single smidge of symptoms.

One coffee this morning (c'mon I got up at 3:30) and I'm bouncing off the walls... I may stick to the herbal tea.

I know I'm only young, but I need to sort my health out sooner rather than later. I'm about 5'7" and 185 pounds (though I apparently don't look it). My spine pops if I lie down and roll my left shoulder - and the shoulder pops too.

I haven't done the walk / run / walk for a week or so, but I'm going to go through to the runners thread to get some tips. BM - why don't you try a 5K or 10K or similair, to ease yourself into things, as opposed to hammering straight for marathon distance?

With regards to your sleep patterns, I know a chap who generally gets by on 4 - 5 hours a night, and though he's a little grouchy occasionally, aren't we all. There's a great book called 'Counting Sheep' that I recommend you get, which is on the science of sleep. Fascinating topic :) pick it up if you can.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA