Happy Birthday Arroryn!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Don't forget Noel that in your job you only ever get to hear when things have gone wrong. I imagine there are loads out there that haven't suffered problems but you wouldn't hear from the owners of those. It is a common misconception from people in the service and support industry that the products they are supporting are all unreliable. That is rarely the case in reality!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Bluerinse your dead right...what they dont realise (and they dont like to admit it or even hear it!!) is that mostly user error is why the product isnt working...and as for those who dont call up they are ones who know that if its them who have caused the problem then they know how to resolve it...its all about educating the end user...and they dont like being educated...like being at school again...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

The Nano will get molly coddled. To the max. I walk to work every morning, so I cherish my music to help me through the journey. Especially in Winter. I've read the horror stories, but I hope it's like everything; as long as you look after it properly, nothing 'll go wrong.

If it does, he's got the receipt!!!!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

thats ok but one word of warning...if u bought it from Apple direct you only have 14 days from the date of purchase to get a replacement/refund...if u bought it from another place (Dixons, Currys) they tend to have their own policy (altho they dont know what is!!) yet wen u take the iPod back to them they tell you to call Apple anyway...so if that happens go to www.apple.com/uk/support/ipod but since your a techhie you will know what to do anyway...so enjoy :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life