Hamburger University - yes it's real

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hamburger University

Hamburger University was founded in 1961, at a McDonald's restaurant in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. In the early 1960s, the first students were to complete strictly required courses such as chemistry, marketing, and cooking so when they graduate, they would be able to create formulas to increase the profit of the company. Many of those with a "McDegree" would get job offerings in a lab so they could invent new ways to enhance the food in the cheapest way. After several years of working in the lab, students would usually pursue a "McMaster" degree since this degree would allow them to fulfill requirements for any possible managing position available in the corporation. To date, no one has yet received a "McPhD". Class sizes today are over 200 students per class on average.

To see the whole article, click here.

For their official site, see here.

But there is a real interesting side to this:

Excelsior College Selected as Preferred Education Provider for McDonald’s

McDonald’s USA LLC employees now can use credits from Hamburger University to earn college degrees through Excelsior College, a virtual university.

Hamburger University, McDonald’s worldwide training center of excellence, has more than 5,000 students annually participate in its courses and learning activities.

See this news article, here.

-Ken

p.s. for those that are interested Burger King has created their own Uni in response to this.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security