Halo 2 only for Windows Vista?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Baba O'Riley, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

BBC News Story

MS are releasing Halo 2 to be compatible with Vista only. A sign of things to come? How long before MS drops support for XP? Given that they only stopped supporting Windows 98 fairly recently, I hope it's a while yet 'cause no way I'm forking out for Vista.

Given the massive differences between the two OSs, is it likely that software developers will have to release seperate versions for XP and Vista?

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Cheers Baba that was very interesting!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well when I read it I was under the impression it would be on Vista and Vista only...no other versions of Windows at all. MS wont drop support for XP for at least another 5 or so years maybe more. I mean they only dropped support for 98 about a year ago I think. And since Vista will be requiring hungry hardware you bet your a$$ they wont make XP versions of games such as Halo 2...hmmm wonder what Doom 4 would be like then?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Well I wasn't impresses with H2 on Xbox.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. Baba O'Riley

Me neither.

I don't understand why not, just because you don't have Vista, doesn't mean you don't have a rig capable of playing the latest and greatest games. I for one don't want to fork out £100+ for a new OS just to play a £30 game.

On the other hand, I'd put good money on Halo 2 being cracked to play on XP within a week of its release. :)

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I second that mate...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. law123

law123 Byte Poster

Do you see when they plan to release Vista. December 1st just in time to make a fortune at Xmas. you know how they need the moey being such a poor company. :rolleyes:

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  8. Baba O'Riley

Yeah right! I read the other day that the IRS has a computer dedicated to Bill Gates' taxes he creates that much work for them!