had visit from NITLC

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sbarks, Oct 15, 2004.

1. sbarks

sbarks New Member

Hi
    Had the rep from NITLC visit recently, and gave me info on the MCSE security course they have recently started, course is £4400, minus some of the early material, which he says comes to £3400 (but he gotta go check to make sure), lookin at the study track, I reckon I could do it myself, for about £800-£900, heres the track, starting from the MCP 70-270 exam

70-270 Installing windows XP Pro

70-290 Managing and maintaining a Windows 2003 server environment

70-291 Implementing,managing and maintaining a windows server 2003 network infrastructure

70-293 Planning and maintaining a windows server 2003 infrastructure

70-294 Planning and maintaining a windows server 2003 active directory infrastructure

SY0-101 CompTia Security+

70-298 Designing security for a windows 2003 network

70-299 Implementing and administering security in a windows 2003 server network

I was told that I would be the first person to be taking this course as they have only had it running for four weeks, anyone got any thoughts for going for the course or going it alone

steve

2. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Steve

The option to go self study has to be a personal one. The question you need to answer is "do I have the self motovation" to do this solo? We each have our own answer to this. What ever your decision I am sure you will get a lot of support from everybody here.

3. richsps

richsps Bit Poster

I've decided to go the self study route sbarks but i have nothing but good things about NITLC. Depends how much you think you will need them and how motivated you can be. You could save a lot of money but will not have their support.
    I'm sure the guys on here would help where nesseary though.

4. christof

christof Nibble Poster

hey richsps, did you get hold of a copy of the A+ book at all?

Certifications: certificate of life!!!
    WIP: A+
  5. richsps

richsps Bit Poster

Getting the mike meyers book delivered. Had a look at that and the 'goth' book in my local library and liked the meyers book better. Personal choice seems to be the main difference between the two. Which one have you got again?

6. AndyL

AndyL Nibble Poster

Are you working in IT at the moment? That would really help you to do it "alone". I've said before on Certforums that the correctly motivated person can do it without support from a training provider. These days I self study then do a two/three day course with Parity to revise.

Certifications: MCSE 2000,2K3,MCSA:M 2000, MCSA 2K3
    WIP: Painting the doorframes.
  7. sbarks

sbarks New Member

Hi

no im not working in IT at the moment, unfortunately my present employment is a lot higher paid than any IT job I could get at the moment,
    are parity a training provider?

steve

8. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I'll have some of that!