Had enough sitting ITIL exam..TONIGHT!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I'm just going to take the exam with exin anywhere its already paid for, I don't want to study for it any more as It's boring and its now or never tbh I just want it over with. If I fail..I fail, atleast I did it. I did a practice exam and got 33/40. Dunno this exam has been a mental mind-messer. Will update later with results, will be sitting it around 7-7.30pm

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Errr - how did it go?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Lol I couldn't do it! the exam requirements are not clear it says I have to do it in a room with daylight quality lighting.. I have no idea what thats meant to mean, other than do it in daylight..? though apparently you can sit the exam at anytime.. I don't want to do it then they say my room didn't have daylight quality lighting.. so may just do it tomorrow when my misses and kid go out.

4. Sparky

Ahh - was wondering about the 7:30pm thing. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I know your pain mate. My old company sent a couple of us on the course.

The most Mind Numbing 4 days of my life and it wasn't till day 3 that I had that Eureka moment and worked out exactly what was going on. I think the pass mark was 28/49, snuck through with 29/40.

Best of luck.

6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Well I passed but I'm sure my mark will be taken away, it just isnt clear on what it is you have to do, my webcam isn't the best so my ID is abit blury, not sure if I span the room to 360 degrees correctly I turned 360 degrees but tbh theres no way they could have seen everything, also I was trying to sort out the lighting whilst doing my ID and went out the room and now I'm not sure if at that point things were recording or whether it records when you actually start the exam itself. Rather a test centre.. now I have to wait 10 gruelling days

7. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Fingers crossed its Ok.
    How did you find it mate?

8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I rushed it and tbh thought I failed, took me around 20 minutes to complete, I got 31/40. I just watched through a udemy course as preparation. I did start to read a book but was too dry so just sat through the 7hr video lessons, which I invested about 10hrs in total in. I found the exam system itself hard and wouldn't recommend doing it online at home, to risky and easy for them to say this and that isn't right. If they revoke my results I don't think I'd sit the exam again. I now know for a fact due to where my built in webcam is, that I couldn't have done a 360 view of the room which is a also a result of there being no way of telling its fully capturing the room. they would have just picked up my walls lol, they really should implement some measure to ensure people can do it properly instead of just spinning their laptop in their hands and hoping for the best.

9. Sparky

Good stuff mate. Thanks for the write - considering doing some MS exams at home and was wondering what the deal is.

10. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

lol things are looking even bleaker, I just found a file called examerror.log which is from the program used to capture me in the exam. I can vagely makeout that its a list of when certain events started like webcam, and button clicks. not sure why theres a log on my PC entitled examerror.log, Still just another thing for me to believe I've just wasted £150, time will tell, and lessons learnt.

11. Sparky

Whats the setup like? Do you speak to a human or is it all automated?

12. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

automated.. but works terribly. Also they installed software on my computer and I cant locate it to remove it. I dont particularly want software that can turn my webcam and audio on and view my whole computer when it feels like on my pc. Honestly spark, just go to a test centre if you can, save yourself the hassle. I had issues with the whole thing and as I wasn't in a test centre I couldn't stick my hand up to query it, which is the main problem.

13. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Cheers Juelz. Hope you pass. I wonder if the ms exams install software. Likewise I can't have that. I don't mind showing the anything they want on my laptop but installing software I cant remove... No thank you

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Jaron78 likes this.
  14. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Think is I'm wondering where the software has been buried its no where to be seen.

anyone got any ideas?

15. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Lol Im scouring the internet for counter arguments if they say I didn't do a 360 spin of my room. I will say well neither does the bloke in your tutorial video

also his ID is still on the desk, he has not shown the desk either..

lol am I reaching or do I have a good argument?

16. Sparky

Thanks again mate – was just thinking about doing the exams at home to save having to take time off work or be away from the office – lol.

In regard to the software that’s been installed – a system restore perhaps to get rid of it?

17. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

it'll be in the registry somewhere, check under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall

might take a while looking through all the hex codes, but it may be in there. if it is, it'll give you an uninstall string usually.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud