Guys i need help please

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Gurch, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Gurch

Gurch New Member

hi there :)

I have been unemployed for around 7 months now and i am interested in doing another vendor qualification
    I would like to do MCSE but i dont have the funding

I am 17 years old and have the following :
    MCP
    MCDST
    CompTIA A+

Key Skills
    Application of Number level 2 Certified
    Communication level 2 Certified

ADITP Level 3 Advanced Diploma for IT Professionals (City and Guilds)
    NVQ level 3

I was wondering if the local Job Center or any government programs could fund my MCSE course because i am only 17 years old

So can some one please help me

Thanks

2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

You would probably be better off looking into doing the Network+ and then maybe the windows 7 upgrade exam. You can do both cheaply with self-study. These are more appropriate for someone starting out in an IT career than the MCSE.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The MCSE is designed for techs who already have a year of experience administering servers... not for people who are looking to get into IT. I agree with Gosh; if you want to get more certifications, you should pursue Network+. Better yet, you should stop worrying about getting more certifications and focus full-time on getting your first IT job.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Gurch

Gurch New Member

the thing is i have been looking for a job for ages, mainly around London and Essex

I was just thinking about another qualification so there is more chance for me getting into a job

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The reason people are steering you away from the MCSE at this point, is that it is an advanced cert that will make you over qualified for entry level jobs. As entry level jobs are the first rung of the IT ladder, regardless of certifications / qualifications, you really don't need any more than you already have in your cert arsenal. If you really want another cert, add another *entry level* one. As suggested, the CompTIA N+

Good luck and just keep applying, it's not an easy job market at the moment, so you need to work full time at looking for a job.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)