Gurkhas!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kat731, Apr 16, 2008.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Just watching the news.
    Retired Gurkhas not alowed to stay here after serving bravely for Britain!!!!!!!!!!
    This country seems to let every other tom dick and harriet stay here, legally or not!! Gets on my nerves!!
    Needed a rant!!!!:mad

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Is that the same fella who's wife is really ill and they came and booted her out of the hospital whilst receiving treatment?

Absolutely shocking! :x

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yeah it pisses me off too, retired people who fought for us are not allowed to stay here but some terrorist is. This governemnt needs a kick in balls and we need some big changes in this country.

There's too much political correctness going on and thats were things are going wrong. It's like everyones scared incase they upset some minority community and they decide to blow us up or something.

We can celebrate other cultures beliefs but if we put up the St Georges cross or the union jack we get told not to.

The Gurkha should be given free housing a pension to boot because they deserve it and not to some extremist nut job.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

It's bloody astonishing.. I'm surprised the entire Army are not on strike because of it! lol
    that would be a sight!
    Too long has this country suffered at the hand of incompetents whilst its citizens live in more and more fear of government power plays, stand up and give them the kick in the teeth they deserve!
    argh it does my nut in

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Total disgrace :mad

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I agree. It is a disgrace that these honourable people that fought for a country that isn't theirs get treated in this fashion. I used to work for the armed forces and have met numerous Gurkhas and they are the most likeable people.

It's time our government got the their priorities right and treated these people with the respect they deserve.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

yeh they are great guys and feared, trust me. They did para training at my camp when i was in the RAF!!!

Kat

8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I agree totally, I actually feel quite embarrassed to be British regarding this...

These people have served our nation, and are told to leave, and yet we have *thousands* of random sponges from every other country in the world, entering the country everyday, claiming benefits.

I could sit here all night with this issue, total disgrace.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

See what happens when you outsource?!? :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

its disgusting.

The gurka's should all go and fight for france instead. at least when you have served in the french foreign leigion you are given a french passport and a new id if you want it. They seem to value the people that serve their country, native or not.

11. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Got to add my outrage to this thread.

In my opinion, if you put your life on the line for a country, that country has a DUTY to look after you and yours, especially if the worst should happen. Trouble is, we got politicians making the decisions and they're only interested in feeding from the trough.

The treatment of the Gurkhas is a national disgrace, as is the treatment of some of the soldiers that are returning after being wounded fighting for the wars that the politicians decide we should fight :x

It seems the politicians spend more time and money debating and trying to block the release of how much they claim in expenses than other issues. Just goes to show what's important to them.

/sigh, glad to get that off me chest first thing in the morning - on to happier things 8)

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  12. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

yep as pointed out we let all the ****bags in and tell all the people who should be allowed in that they can't. This country is turning into the laughing stock of the world. My wife works for the Child Benefit and says that people from other countries (won't single them out) can claim benefits for children who live back in their country of origin.

All Mp's who make these decisions are idiots and clueless cause they live on their nice estates and don't have a clue about the real world. Take that idiot women MP how wore a flak jacket to walk down the highstreet in her constituency.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I just submitted a question to question time about this for the programme on Thursday, I bet it doesn't get asked.:x

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Careful!!!!!!

15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Couldn't resist! :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!