Guns n roses new album

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by arisen, Jan 10, 2006.

1. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Any guns n roses fans here?!

New rumours suggesting chinese democracy may be released in March:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1521

It says on the gnr wiki that this album has been over 10 years in the making and has cost over $13M in studio time alone :eek:

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  2. trislloyd

trislloyd Nibble Poster

I hope it's worth the wait!!! That's if it happens in march. Besides, have you seen axl rose lately, he looks like s**t! He looks like he struggles in general - let alone making a record! It's no wonder it took so long.

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, MCP
    WIP: MCSE, specializing in Cisco
  3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

i'm hoping for the best...though expecting the worst.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Big fan of GnR but I think it will be a big let down as all the band members apart from axl have left. Personally I think Slash was a major part of the band and defined their sound with his guitaring.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

My opinion is that Gnr were never the same since Izzy stradlin left, most of the songs on illusion were influenced by him and after he left, there wasn't much output of note, except axl's stuff; estranged, november rain etc.

Velvet revolver is slash, duff and matt sorum but their material isn't even close to being as good as their old gnr material, the songwritting isn't there. Neither was the snakepit anything other than slash wailing over bog standard backing.

Some of the live bootlegs of the new axl stuff is pretty good, madagascar, the blues, rhiad and the bedouins, sounds like his illusion songs. slash and izzy's influences will be missed, but axl is still one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time, i'm looking forward to hearing this new album, if and when it's released.

6. michael78

well lets look on the bright side surley the new album can't be as bad as spaggetti Junction...:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  7. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

I actually kinda liked spaghetti incident :oops:

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

That's probably because he gets coked up all the time and forgets where the studio is and then they have to start over again.

Seriously though, it will be good to hear from them again.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Would be great to hear them again although dont think it will be the same without the rest of the band

But in there day they rocked big time !!!!:biggrin

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  10. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

11. michael78

wow axl's looking a bit different these days