Guns N' Roses internet marketers?

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Guns N' Roses internet marketers?

Guns N' Roses may have released their first album in over a decade this year - but it would appear they have been working on their internet marketing skills in the meantime.

The Chinese Democracy album has been constantly delayed over many years, which led to drinks company Dr Pepper offering a free can of their signature brand to everyone in America if it was released in 2008.

It was, and Dr Pepper said it would go through with the offer, which would be available online - until its website crashed due to heavy traffic.

Read the whole article here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonJosh
      BosonJosh
      The rumors are going around that the record's been done for years. So, maybe Axl is a brilliant marketer and waited for the perfect time to release the album. They're certainly receiving a lot of free publicity thanks to the Dr. Pepper debacle.

Too bad the record's a turd.
    2. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      IMO, the CD isn't too bad. Granted it's not as good as some of it's predecessors, but it ain't as bad as Spaghetti Incident.

-Ken
    3. Sparky
      Sparky
      That album was rubbish! :biggrin

There was no way that the new GNR album was going to be better than the previous albums. :cry: