Guide to cloning a hard drive using Norton Ghost 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jakamoko, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Guys,

Following my recent work in cloning a hard drive to a new drive in THIS THREAD, please see the following guide that, along with the advice on CF, I found invaluable.

Cloning a hard drive with Norton Ghost 2003

* Legal Disclaimer to keep CF's @ss in the clear: Other drive imaging programs are available :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Thanks for the link Gav:thumbleft:clap

Just had a look at the website, so besides cloning a HD you can clone directory's as well?
    Hmmm I have always used drive image by powerquest but the downside was you always had to go back into DOS. But Nortons Ghost looks like it works in windows environment?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Thanks, UCM.

Not quite, but almost feels like it. Once you confirm all your selections, the machine reboots to DOS and you get the screen you see in screenshot 7 in the Bay-Wolf guide. When done, it returns itself to Windows again.

It's a useful screen when you're at the machine, but bearing in mind I was doing this remotely on a machine 30 miles away, and could only await it responding to a ping [machinename] -t from the DC, you can imagine I was nervous as hell :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Node

Node Byte Poster

Thanks! Perhaps a guide to making an image server? :P

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,
  5. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Thanks for sharing