Guess who Passed Network+....

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Neil, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

ME ofcourse!!!! :biggrin

Ahhhh....it feels so good to get it all over with. Well actually I passed it yesterday also, but I was a little busy and got home late. Anyways I gotta say that my head is still hurting a little with all the intensive studying and revising I did over the past 2 weeks :blink But it was all worth it.

Well, here's what happened: I reached the testing center and did the necessary formalities, grabbed a cup of cold water, relaxed my head and waited for them to call me in the exam room. I prayed, clicked "start" and the exam begun. First question was very tricky and unexpected. The first phase of the exam......probably the first 20 questions.....were very tricky and it sure got me worried. The rest after that was what I was looking for.........so I devoured them. When I was at question 73, the screen went black and the lights went out -- power failure! And surprisingly for a testing center, they had no UPS to the systems! I went out and was more worried than when I had started the exam. I asked the guy if I would have to start the exam over again and he said no. That made me more worried, so I asked if my time was still running......he said no. He explained that CompTIA detects when stuff like this happens and the exam automatically pauses and resumes when everything is back to normal. So I had to wait about 15mins for them to switch over to generator and did whatever they did and restore the exam. The guy laughed and told me I should be glad this happened during the exam........cuz it gave me 15 extra mins to relax and get my head in tune :D

Anyways, I resumed when everything was back up. I reviewed my marked questions and did a thorough review of all questions. This is usually the part where you right some wrongs and wrong some rights! :oops: As I completed my review, time was running out, and when I had 25 seconds left on the clock, I clicked "end exam". "Congratulations!" was all I wanted to see on the screen......and I did! I thanked God and went out smiling! Passed with 735/900. I had 90 questions with 2hrs to complete them. I am now officially Network+ Certified! Yeeeehaaaa!!!!

And for you future test takers, don't worry........tips are coming soon right here!!!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCSA: 70-270
  2. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :D

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

well done budy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

congrats!
    90 questions?

7. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

That's right......90. But I had 2hrs on the clock so I wouldn't dream to complain :D

For my 2 A+ exams, I had 100 questions each instead of 90. But they didn't give me any extra time for those......had to stick it with the 90mins :x

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I give up. Who?

Just kidding mate. Sounds like a difficult exam with all the disruption and all.

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Congrats.
    I had 90 questions in 1hr 30 mins.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  11. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass Neil :D Should be taking mine in a few weeks :ohmy

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  12. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Me too, if I can just get my head around OSI model and remembering those boring Port numbers:(

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  13. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

its a lot of questions - prob its been a long time since i took a test.
    perhaps i should take the finger out.

14. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Finger out of what?? :tune:twisted:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  15. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

Congratulations mate, feels nice being N+ certified, doesn't it?! :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP
    WIP: CCNA 200-120
  16. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Yes Jay, sure does..........feels even better when you get that package in the mail! :biggrin

Jus hope I get mine sooooooooon......

17. Neil

Neil Byte Poster

Dont worry guys, I've been busy these past couple days, but tonite I'll post up those tips I promised........among other things 8) So keep checking back!

18. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Nice1 mate. You should be proud:D

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  19. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Belated congrats on the pass. 8)

20. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well done mate!!! 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)