Group policy quesiton

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by lifeisshortmove, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lifeisshortmove

lifeisshortmove Bit Poster

Hi,
    Can I create a GPO and link it to OUs in multiple domains. For example, if I have 2 domains, domain1 and domain2 can I create a GPO in domain1 and link it to different OUs in domain1 and domain2 (single GPO, multiple links)?

Another issue is related to Group policy delegation (which is confusing). Is there another way to delegate a user GPO creation rather than adding him to the Group Policy Creator owners built-in group. Last thing :biggrin GP delegation contains 3 things GPO editing, GPO linking, and GPO creation. Can you guys state EXPLICITLY what are the required AD permissions and delegation of control for each one of them. Because resources have somewhat different information. Some say that I MUST add the user/group on the security tab of the GPO and then delegate control others say that it's not necessary to edit the GPO DACL.

Thanks in advance,