Group Poilcy on Server 2003

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Luddym, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey guys,

We are looking to implement GPO's really soon and are in need of having a meeting regarding the options we can and cannot implement.

I've downloaded a document of the possible policy settings, which is the group policy settings reference, but it is in a format which is uneasy to read and completely un printable (even in a font sized 3).

Does anyone know where I can find a printable list of settings and where they can be found within the relevant GPO settings?

Thanks in advance guys.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Have you got a link to the document that you downloaded?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I think for a project such as implementing GPO in your network environment you're best bet is purchasing sever 2003 resource kit. It goes way more in dept, precise and easy read on the eyes too:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I've seen a similar document before, you are better off going with onoski's suggestion.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that in order to implement GPO's you need to know what you want to do by using them, i.e. have a list of what you want to do and then investigate how to implement it. document it as you go so that you know what policies you are setting.

Additionally make sure that you use the GPMC and not the built in GP MMC. it makes managing GPO's much easier.

8)