Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by The_Omj, Mar 19, 2012.

1. The_Omj

The_Omj New Member

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello to everybody here. Been browsing this site for the last few weeks and have already picked up loads of useful bits of advice, so cheers all :D

About me, I'd been working in IT support (1st-3rd line) for 8 years before getting made redundant in 2009. I tried a career change as a currency trader and was doing OK, but after some research and other family factors I decided to pack it in and get back into IT. Unfortunetly things haven't been so easy for me job hunting wise and the IT support world has really moved on quickly from where I was. The problem was I was supporting a bespoke system and I don't really have the in demand support skills of today such as virtualization, Office, Exchange, etc., although I do have hands on experience and knowledge of PCs, Windows, Linux, networks, and some other bits and pieces. I'm more a jack of all trades, master of none as they say :(

So I've decided that I need to get some certs in order and have started Network + which seems easy for me so far. I'm undecided yet as to what to do next, Cisco or Microsoft, but I'm currently looking for a 1st or 2nd line entry level role with no joy so far. It would seem my knowledge and experience is not enough without certificates, but you never know, something might turn up soon.

Take care all :)

WIP: CCENT
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF, good to have you here. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:) and keep on plugging away as your break through would come.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell