Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Beavis, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Beavis

Beavis New Member

Hello everyone,

Stumbled across this forum whilst searching for training providers of the ISEB Green IT course. You looked a friendly bunch so I thought I'd sign up, say hello and share my experiences where I can.

I've survived nearly 15 years in the IT industry, starting as basic tester, progressing through the 1st, 2nd 3rd line teams (mostly in Server OS's) then on to network, infrastructure and data centre design. Sharing my time now between infrastructure architecture and technical project management I still prefer to get my hands dirty than sit behind a desk, but needs must. Most of my work in the last decade has been in the central gov'mt sector for the Prison Service, MoJ and most recently the Foreign Office.

I hold the following qualifications: CDCDP (Certified Data Centre Designer); ISEB Enterprise and Solutions Architect; ITIL Foundation; Prince 2; and several MCP's in NT4 which probably don't count for anything these days. Qualifications that I am wanting to take in the next year: ISEB Green IT; EU Code of Conduct on Data Centres; CCNA, CCND; and maybe some Enterprise MS bits if time permits. Im a member of the BCS (MBCS) but currently dont see any benefit in the long winded and frankly dull process of attaining a CITP. Just looks like a money spinning exercise to me.

Look forward to talking to you in the coming weeks and months...

Beavis.

Certifications: CDCDP, Prince2, ITIL, MCP's, ISEB Arch
    WIP: ISEB Green IT, CCNA, CCND, MCSE 08
  2. alicat

alicat Nibble Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: BA, ISEB Software Testing, N+, MCP
    WIP: 70-646
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome! :biggrin

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Knew it would be the yank who'd fish out a picture, didn't think you'd also take the opportunity to advertise :p

Welcome Beavis, best of luck in your studies!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

So BM is really BH? :tune

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Beavis

Beavis New Member

Thanks for your welcomes chaps...

Good find with the Beavis and Butthead pic!! I'll be adding a pic of Beavis when i get out from behind the works firewall. :blink

Certifications: CDCDP, Prince2, ITIL, MCP's, ISEB Arch
    WIP: ISEB Green IT, CCNA, CCND, MCSE 08
  10. BosonMichael

Didn't have to fish very far... I created that pic about 2 1/2 years ago - it uses our old logo. I used "BosonBeavis" as my Gmail profile pic for the longest time. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. BosonMichael

I've been called worse. :twisted:

That said, I've always thought of myself as more like Beavis. Perhaps we need a poll.

12. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple