Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by tallbloke, Mar 18, 2009.

1. tallbloke

tallbloke New Member

Hello there!

Been reading these forums for about a week or so now, and thought it was time to register :oops:

I've decided to take the plunge and try to get into the I.T. industry. Been into PC's for a few years now (built my own gaming rig and a couplle for friends, so not a total n00b :oops: ) but haven't done any courses on the subject, until now.

I'm starting with the A+ and I've just recieved my copies of the Mike Mayers and James Pyles books. I was going to use a TP but after reading these forums I've decided to self study :)

I know it's going to be a hard slog, but I'm very motivated and with the help of the books and these forums I can't see any reason why I cant do it! 8)

The one thing that I am wondering about is am I too old to get into the industry? I'm almost 36 and have set myself a target of having the A+ done and being onto the N+ by the end of the year. With no experince am I too old? I do hope not!

Well I wont bang on anymore here, no doubt I will be posting in the A+ forums quite alot in the coming months!

Thanks for reading :D

o//

WIP: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Are you too old at 36? No way, man! I've known people to get into IT with no experience in their 50s!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

*nods* You're never too old :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Agreed, welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

The gent who worked here before me was in his 40's when he started, so you definitely aren't too old.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

^ I agree.

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  7. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Hello and welcome. I echo the comments above. I too am on the wrong side of 35, and am a relative newcomer. I have not had any problems yet. There is a lot to be said for life experience... Good luck with the studies.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  8. tallbloke

tallbloke New Member

Thanks people, I now feel like a spring chicken! :cheers

WIP: A+