Greetings from london

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by whosane, Aug 2, 2011.

1. whosane

whosane New Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Hussein and i am from London. East London to be more specific and Walthamstow to be even more precise. I have been studying for CCNA & MSCA and i want to sit my exams in this next few weeks, hopefully. I've got a baby due anytime now so i doubt i'll get it done but i have to be determined because I've procrastinated this too long already. I have a minimal experience of user and desktop support, a tiny bit of networking all amounting to a few months. so i hope the 'lovely and helpful' community at CF can point me in the right direction. so hope hearing from you soon.

P.S - All you east London residents, holla at your boy. loooool

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Honestly? you may be better off going for the N+ rather than a vendor specific cert like the CCNA as you admit to not having too much networking experience.

The idea of the CCNA isn't to be an entry level certification and by attempting it and not having a lot of commercial experience with Cisco hardware you may well de-value the CCNA cert and do yourself more harm when it comes to job hunting (who wants to hire someone with a cert like the CCNA but no experience?? I certainly wouldn't).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA