Greetings from down under!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by psy_newcastle, Oct 22, 2006.

1. psy_newcastle

psy_newcastle New Member

G'day everyone not really sure what im meant to say in an "intro post" but here goes :biggrin

Well im 23 from Perth, Western Australia and have been in the I.T industry for four years. I currently work at a private school doing a bit of everything! My main purpose is to make sure the staff and kiddlie winks are up and running day to day but i have the benefit of doing everything.

We're a novell network running netware 6.5, zenworks 7.0.1 we also have SLES servers and winblows boxes:wink: . My current project is creating our SOE using the ENGL software which is quite enjoyable. I also create and distribute the various applications required throughout the campus, i configure our nortel switches, support the wireless system, do daily server checks as well as patching etc

Im planning on heading over the the U.K next year ! :clap so im now in the process of actually getting some industry certs to back up my hands on knowledge! Im currently enrolled in a CCNA course which is on once a week. Im also studying towards my MCP in the 270 and 290 exams + my CNA.

Rightio work stuff aside i love my sports and music. I follow the West Coast Eagles (local aussie rules team) and im also a massive Newcastle United fan (fat freddy out!). Im into all music but my preferred genre is heavy metal i love bands such as Metallica, Pantera, In Flames and Children of Bodom.

Anyhow i hope you can put up with my questions regarding study etc and i hope to have a beer with you next year ! :alc

Certifications: Dip IT (Net Eng)
    WIP: MCP 270-290,CCNA, CNA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Welcome...

Good choice of football team!
    Good choice of music!

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :)

I see the aussie invasion has begun :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. psy_newcastle

psy_newcastle New Member

Just in time for the ashes :biggrin looking forward to the series ive got my ticket for the perth test match. The third day of the third test! Its going to be a corker !

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF mate 8)

They have computers in Perth :blink what's next, broadband :biggrin

Where in the UK are you heading off to?

Pete (the pom)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. psy_newcastle

psy_newcastle New Member

I have a couple if mates in london so hopefully i'll manage to tee some work up over there. Would like to get more involved in the server side of things before one day heading down the managerial track.

On that note how do people become IT managers? I have no idea :biggrin

8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey and welcome to CF.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi and welcome to CF. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

welcome to CF! :biggrin

BAd choice of footy team. :dry

11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

hard work and plenty of luck! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

G'day mate, how ya goin?

Anyone that supports the Weagles is an instant winner in my books.
    (btw if we get into footy talk I don't want to know who won the final, I haven't watched it yet)

Welcome to the madhouse too.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685