Greeting CertForums! Graduate here...:D

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jahedur, Oct 28, 2010.

1. jahedur

jahedur New Member

Hi CertForums!

First of all, this is an EXCELLENT site for cert guidance and I praise all your efforts and support in keeping this site running. It has helped me in my decision a lot and thank you for all your input. :super

My name is Jahedur Rahman and I am 24 years old from London. I am a recent graduate in Computer Networking (with 2.1) and have joined this site for some guidance. I just wanna say I've seen the threads and post and I must admit, people here are an inspiration to me. Some had me in stitches, haha! Seeing all your achievements has only made me more determined to pursue my career in IT. :D

Being a graduate with no IT work experience is not helping so I've taken the decision to sit the CompTIA A+ & N+ and move my way up the certifications, and get some volunteer work experience. I just have few questions regarding the A+.

1) How much do exams cost? (already have material i.e. mike myers, exam cram etc)
    2) Are vouchers available or a way to reduce exam costs? (i.e. student discounts)
    3) Any other tips welcome...

I'm also aiming to complete A+ & N+ exams before 31st Dec 2010 to be certified for life! :sunny

Keep up the good work Cert Forums and thank you for all the laughs and support!
    Regards
    Jahedur

Certifications: BSc Computer Networks
    WIP: A+, N+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

bam!

Discounted vouchers are available, but unfortunately, I don't know the site because I don't use them (and I'm not from the UK). I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you the info you need. :)

Google's the single-best tool that any IT professional can have! ;)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Don't only work/concentrate on technical skills, work on your soft skills as well.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi, welcome to CF!

This is a very useful Website: www.professormessor.com.

Good Luck :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680