Great this is all I need!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noelg24, Dec 26, 2007.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well i bit the bullet and went for a refund...since they wont be getting the one I had previously back in stock. Luckily for me (and the lads at work) we're waiting for our £50 Xmas bonus from our director. He's coming up next week to give it to us in cash :biggrin oh the joys eh!! lol...

so im getting the £60 back from ebuyer hopefully end of this week...and I think I will pop over to the local computer shop and buy a new PSU from there or perhaps overclockers cos they do have some tasty PSUs...unless anyone else can recommend any other places to buy? :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

My new PSU arrived today :biggrin

I decided to buy this in the end. Thanks to GBL :biggrin looks really good...so I will be putting that in tonight when I get home and be able to play my games...so if u dont all hear from me for the next week...u will know why!! hehehe...

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I haven't had time to install it yet due to my dumb shifts, but I finish at 5pm on Friday so after my weekly curry I will install it then. Then I will formatting my PC then reinstalling everything.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

u will love it mate...i have it in my machine now...and im so pleased with it...lets see how long this one lasts lol...my machine is alive again :biggrin

5. greenbrucelee

how quiet is it?

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well although I have my other PC on which is kinda loud but not very...I put my ear right next to the PSU of the gaming machine and its barely audible...so very quiet from my end...unless its cos the other fans have something to do with that :biggrin but to be honest I can barely hear it...

7. greenbrucelee

Cool I thought with the size of that fan it would be loud. On some of the reviews I read that the size of the fans also helped with cooling other parts of the PC like the cpu and there were noticeable drops in temperature. Have you noticed anything yet?

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

lol...nope...besides my CPU cooler has a temp controller on it...and my sound card is directly above the PSU fan hehehe...my CPU temp doesnt seem to go above 40 anyway :biggrin

9. greenbrucelee

I'll check my temps etc after I install it, as I only use a stock cpu cooler, but because I use a lot of fans in my case my temp doesn't seem to go over 40 also, and my graphics card is passive cooled instead of having a fan, I will check those temps whilst on full load and see if I get a reduction.

10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

nice one mate...enjoy :biggrin