great place....glad to be part of it!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by omi, Apr 14, 2007.

1. omi

omi New Member

hi guys, I found this site last night and was browsing it for a good half hour, I realised that registration here is a must! I want to start a career in web design but did'nt have a clue where to start, and could'nt find a site "till now" where I can ask for information on what to do and what not to, and where I should start. This place is awsome!! I actually took some decisions on certain training courses based on a few articals I read here. Thanks for providing this great place for us!!

About me....
    my name is Ahmed, 24 years, living in watford,
    I'm working in a warehouse, and realy want to start a carrier in web designing, not because It sounds good, but I find it realy interesting and I enjoy reading/learning about it. I have a bit of knowledge on HTML and PHP, but thats from browsing the internet and reading articles. I found it realy interesting so I desided to go a step further and take a course in web designing, but don't know where I should start. I bought web space and have been trying all sorts of stuff, learning then implementing it on my webspace, without the help of a web design builder...
    Before reading anything about web design I thought to get into web design there would be a few paths to chose from and would be realy easy to chose the one you want, then I realised that there are so many courses, so many roads to take, its just unbelievable how much there is to learn, its like you will never stop learning. Unlike what a lot of people think about web design, and say how easy it is and any one can do it. I've had a friend that said "even my 5 year old son would beable to design a website".

This is because of all the webbuilding programs that are out there, people think that when you use them to create a website then you are classed as a web designer...LMAO. People just don't know what it is and what it envolves......they don't know about the amount of time and effort a "real" web designer puts in to it.

Anyway, I found this site, http://www.w3schools.com
    It contains full web building tutorials, all free, and after finishing them you can chose and book your exams with them, they have diffenent certs that you can take, does anyone know any information about this site, or the certs they have, and whether or not they are recognised??

Ok, I'm going to stop now, or I can go on for ever....
    thanks again for this great place
    and thanks for reading this post..
    Take care and God bless..

kindest regards
    omi

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Never heard of w3school. Anyway, glad you've joined up. Welcome to CF.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Hi mate - hope all is well and welcome to the mad-house!

See this thread for some resources in web-design

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Delta

Delta Bit Poster

Hello and welcome!

WIP: A+
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF Ahmed, glad you found us.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Ahmed!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

Welcome to the site bud!

It's good to hear that you want to go into the career because you enjoy doing it, and not just for the money.

You posted some good, useful information for other people who are looking into going into that field, so well done! :D

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Greetings :biggrin .

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!