Great news!!

Discussion in 'A+' started by aestudiar, Jan 26, 2010.

1. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

:D
    From today's (26-Jan-2010) CompTiA org:

"For candidates currently preparing to sit for a CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ exam, if you pass an exam and become certified by December 31, 2010, you too will have a lifetime certification with no requirements for recertification or retesting."

Which means that we have 11 months to get certified before that re-cert requirement is implemented. Guess when I'll be getting certified... THIS YEAR!! :D

2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Yup.. the link is here. They couldn't do much else to be honest.

It'll be interesting to see how much damage they have caused themselves.

3. Albert

Albert Bit Poster

Forgive me for asking this if the answer is clearly obvious to you guys. Don't quite understand something related to the renewal policy clarification.

Say someone passes both A+ and N+ by 31 Decem. 2010 but takes Security+ after this date. I think it superseeds the other 2 certs at a higher level according to CompTIA. What happens when this cert expires, would the A+ and N+ be the automatic fallback certs or would the Security+ expiration take the A+ and N+ along with it?

Thanks

4. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Security+ doesn't supersede A+ or Network+. They are three completely seperate certifications.

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yep but according to compTIAs original renewal policy if you had the A+,N+ and the did the security + it would auto recert the A+ and N+ so you didn't have redoo them because it (to them) is deemed to be a higher entry level certification.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Do you know what, CompTIA have completely lost all credability in my opinion. The fact that totally seperate certs can be renewed by taking another (more advanced) yet completely seperate cert is ridiculous!

The fact that this renewal policy is now only applicable to certs gained after Jan 2011 is also obsurd - if there is a need for renewal due to constant changing technologies etc (as with CCNA etc) then the policy should apply to all, not just those who certify later than others.

It is a blatant attempt by CompTIA to make more money without upsetting exisiting cert holders.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

exactly.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You mean... much like passing a Cisco CCSP exam will renew the CCNA, or much like passing the CCNP ROUTE exam will renew the CCNA Voice, right? :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!