Great day today.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Theprof, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

So today was my first annual evaluation at work.

My boss called me in along with the senior network admin to basically discuss my progress and areas of development. Over all I did really well as my boss is pleased with my work knowledge, attitude, responsibility, etc.

We sat for about 30 minutes discussing things here and there, such as current and future project, any issues I am having, things I need to improve on etc.

Prior to my evaluation I was asked what is my goal in this career. I told him that eventually I would like to be a network admin. I explained to him that I know it takes time and experience and that I am willing to learn and work hard to accomplish this goal and he was very pleased. When I got the MCDST certification he was very happy and even paid for it.

So after my evaluation today, my boss and the senior network admin decided to delegate the responsibility of managing the anti-virus server to me. That includes stuff like monthly updates, performance maintenance, troubleshooting, the whole job involving the administration of the AV server. Basically its going to be my new toy. When they told me that I couldn't of been more happier, plus I got an increase in salary.:biggrin

So now I am about to start learning the new stuff and can't wait to start.:twisted:

This is just the begging and I can't wait for more to come.:biggrin That much closer to my career goal.

My advice to anyone who is starting out would be to work hard and let your employer know that you want to grow with the company, learn new things and be open minded to new ideas. When you are happy doing something you do it well and sometimes it feels like your boss is not noticing or acknowledging your work but the big brother is alway watching. I found that out today.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Result, Prof - really well done :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Great news, Prof. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

As long as norton isn't running on it, congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thanks guys:biggrin

And no Wiz, its McAfee not Norton.:) If it were Norton I would not be happy.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

:ohmy

Other than that... major congrats!!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thanks Michael:biggrin

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well done Theprof, that's excellent news and advice for anyone starting in IT:thumbleft:clap

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Well done mate, good news :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done mate :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

Congrats on the new responsibilities and pay increase!, I hope it all goes well for you.

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+
  12. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Good stuff mate well done!

C :D

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  13. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Good reviews are always welcome, its nice to know your apreciated:)

Well done m8

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  14. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

congrats

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)
  15. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Nice one Prof, just make sure your boss doesn't get a virus though, or it will be P45 time. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  16. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thanks everyone:biggrin

Now I don't want that to happen or else I'll be back at where I started. Started reading up on some documentation regarding the McAfee enterprise AV server. There's a lot of stuff to know.:ohmy