GPMC in 290 Exam

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by dales, Jan 3, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if the GPMC is tested in the 290 exam or should I just continue to study without it, Looking at the exam objectives it doesnt really say whether its been included or not. Should I assume not!?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

There is not harm learning about GPMC as Microsoft can be unpredicted so best to know the basis of GPMC for the 70-290 exams.

I am currently planning to sit this exam soon myself, what study books etc are you using including practice exams if any?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yes they use the GPMC not the old Group policy system in the exam so i suggest you install and use if your server 2003 doesnt have it. 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the replies both, for the exam I am currently using mspress training guide and exam cram 2 book, TBH I've only really just started studying for it although I have been using 2k3 for quite a while now, I passed the 270 at the end of nov and had a break from studying for xmas. my current network is mostly VM'd with virtual pc (network diag on my blog site).

I normally end up buying the measure up practice exams when I think Im somewhere near the end. I think they are expensive for what they are so I dont like buying them early and risk over using them and memorising answers without realising.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks for the feedback dales, with regards to MeasureUp prep do you find more useful than Transcenders?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I think I prefer them to the transcenders, transcenders tend to be alot longer questions.
    Also I think the trancenders are harder questions generally than the measureups so I try and get a higher score with MU's than the TS.

Generally MU's are much closer to the real exam experience I think.

talking of exams is it just me or is the actual exam software rubbish, for my 270 I had to wait 2-3 minutes about 4 times during the exam for the next question to pop up. They have always been iffy so had gotten used to the delay after the first of the MCDST exams.

7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Yep! with pometrics there is this issue of questions load time being very sluggish and even a lot worse with sim loads. But not to worry just take your time through it all. Thanks again for elaborating:)

8. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

Can' tell you because i have signed the NDA, but MS does not like old stuff 8)

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680