Government should provide staff training tax breaks, say IT managers

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Government should provide staff training tax breaks, say IT managers

With the budget just a matter of hours away the wish list from UK businesses continues to grow with tax breaks for skills investment the latest to be added to the list.

Managers quizzed by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) said that unless the government steps in then companies will not be able to support staff development.

The silver lining in the CMI's latest half yearly Economic Outlook is that 13% of those operating in the IT sector expect the recession to have a beneficial impact as they help customers control costs and improve efficiencies.

"Business managers are convinced that a skilled workforce will be an integral part of the recovery process, and are recommending that, especially in these difficult times, government should provide further financial support for skills development and training," said Lord John Eatwell, chief economist at the CMI.

Read the rest of the article here.

I'm with this one :thumbleft

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments