1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got phonecall from agency

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by vgarg, Aug 15, 2008.

1. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

Hi

I got a phonecall from an agency this morning. The guy asked me a few techincal questions on the phone.

He asked what is USB and my mind went blank and I said ultra speed bus instead of universal serial bus :oops:.

Well I got the rest of the questions right and he also asked me to explain how to make a cup of tea.

Hes going to phone back today after the company get back to him. :rolleyes:

Certifications: ECDL;CIW;HNC Business Computing
    WIP: A+;MCDST;N+;Bsc Computing
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

This is why you should take phone calls whilst searching google ;)

Lol. Seriously though, everyone makes some silly mistakes especially under pressure. I'm sure he realised you were nervous and knows you know your stuff.

I hope you answered no to 'tea-making' experience :p

Let us know how it goes.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. JoshC

JoshC Bit Poster

unless the tea question was to see what steps are required to make a cup of tea, to see how descriptive and accurate you are...

4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Hpoefully as well you didnt say add a dash of <insert alchoholic beveridge here> to give it a kick ;)

Oh and i hope your job hunt goes well

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Put 50p in the machine and press the 'Tea' button. :p

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  6. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like he was testing your communication skills by getting you to explain the processes.

I had a phone interview years ago for a software developer role with altavista (when they were leading google)
    they got me to explain the process of shuffling a deck of cards, then roughly how I would go about coding those processes from my explanation.

AC

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

simple, just give <insert missus name here> a shout!

8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Seriously - the ability to make a good cuppa is absolutely essential for anyone working with me. We drink about eight cups a day in our office - there are four of us and we take it in turns. If you can't cut the mustard, then I don't care how good yo ass is technically - you gone!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

8 cups.. pfft lightweight thats only about 1 an hour. :gmorning!

Good luck with the agency, if you've just uploaded your cv to a site then expect plenty more of those, that'll give you a good oportunity to weed out the half decent ones from the time wasters!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing