Got My First IT Job Also

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Godson, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Godson

Godson Bit Poster

Got my first IT job this month; started in July, and now been here for 4 weeks and i'm just happy i'm in the IT industry. Took me a while to get this job after graduating from Uni.

I'm just providn 1st and 2nd line support, but my aim is to get couple of certs. and learn as much as possible from this job.

I'm 22 and need some guidance. Can anyone provide any word of advice on what i should do next? I'm in this stage "K i've got a job now what?" My aim is to move up the career ladder as quick as possible and make that big-money.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome to CF, Godson. Glad you are here. Please stop by the New Members Introduction forum and say an official "hi". As far as your question, I think I answered at least part of it in this thread:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread5810.html

My response is the 3rd post down the list. Also, you say you graduated from uni. What degree do you hold? When you say you want to move up the ladder quick, do you have specific goals (there are a lot of different roles in IT).

Be sure to take a look at the rest of the jobs forum. A lot of good subjects are discussed. puruse the certification forums and don't forget to check out the articles section. Lots of good technical articles available.

Certifications: A+ and Network+