Got my 1st interview for an IT job!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mikeyboy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Well as the title suggest, I have arranged an interview for this coming friday (just passed my first A+ exam too, a good week so far!) and it is my first interview in about 6 years, and also the first time I have ever had any interest from any of the 100s of IT jobs I have applied for! It is basically a 1st line / helpdesk role, pretty decent money I think, but this obviously could be the break I need so I don't want to screw it up...

I have been reading the pointers in the pinned thread, but would welcome any other advice, of what to expect really! Could be arguments at home too if I take the job which is giving me a lot of extra unnecessary stress :( but I still really want to go for it, I have been working hard for the last 18 months and to finally get an interview is a real result!!

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Try to forget the stress at home mate, you havent got the job yet so deal with that later if you have to. 8)

Read up on the company you are going to see just incase they ask the "Why do you want to work for us?" question.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs