Got me new bike :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Raffaz, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Finally got round to getting the new bike, its a fixed wheel track bike coz they are awesome for training, heres a pic, its bloody sexy :) Anyone else on here ride fixed?

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. Raffaz

Bars and wheels are probs getting changed already lol

3. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Lovely! Don't know why I thought you need to make yourself a fixed wheel, obviously they became so popular you can get one in a shop. Does this frame allows you to put a front brake? know it is like cheating but my mate after a crash decided it would be handy. another lad I spoke to had no front teeth from crashing into cars. he's saying brake would make the bike too heavy:) btw what's the weight?

4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

When you say it feels like cheating?? what do you mean death??? Thats one thing id quite happily cheat on. Nice bike tho, but im presuming your going round some sort of velodrome?? As for a brake for making the bike heavy, how about a few plastercasts??

Or am i missing something

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I quite fancy a jump bike / mountain bike with 1-3 gears, still hanker after the simplicity of my BMX years :wink:

6. Raffaz

Yeah, you can fit a front brake, you can also fit a back brake aswell, but that needs drilling, there is an indent there if you want to do it.
    The bike currently weighs 16lbs :D

7. Raffaz

Your right mate the bike is a track bike so normally used in velodrome but i will be using it on the road. I done a bike ride last month from Edinburgh to Newcastle and 5 of the lads there were using fixed wheel bikes without brakes and they had no problems, just going to take a little getting used to.
    Im probably going to add a front brake, so will probably need some new wheels as the rims on here arent designed for braking. The brake wont add much weight like, you can get carbon ones these days.

8. Raffaz

Ive got a mint condition hoffman frame in the shed from 2001 when they were still built in the states, still havent got round to building it up, its years since ive done a 360 lol

9. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

sure you'll have loads of joy riding it, weighs nothing. as for the brakes, it all depends how you ride and where - in city traffic might save your life. suppose you know all that anyway:) jealous:oops:

10. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Nice! Looks like its worth a pretty penny!

I ride a Felt myself, only a hybrid with slicks for commuting mind.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA