Got an Information Officer (Analyst) interview at the NHS!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by RVP09, Apr 5, 2009.

1. RVP09

RVP09 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have an interview coming up with the NHS for the position of Information Officer (i.e. more or less the same role as an Information Analyst). It is a junior role, so if I get the job, all the relevant training will be provided.

Now, in my interview letter, it states that I will be required to perform a 20 minute test on Microsoft packages in order to test my data manipulation skills, as well as an interview. I am generally good with interviews, so i'm not really fretting about that part. It's the test that is getting me! Presumably, it will be based around MS Excel and MS Access as I touched upon this a bit at Uni.

Has anyone ever had an interview at the NHS for this job role or a similar job role? If so, do you know what is likely to come up in it and how I can prepare for it?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to reading your responses!

Thanks.

Phillip.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, why not introduce yourself here and be a part for this community :)

I've only had assessments on Office packages previous to IT appointments many years ago, so I can't help you there.

However good luck and let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. XDA

XDA Bit Poster

I worked for the NHS as an IT Engineer for 4 years.

My mate worked as an Information Analyst in the same dept. She did alot of sql, oracle and access work.

I would say that you should be reading up on Excel and Access, mainly the data transfer/manipulation etc sort of stuff. Graphs/pivot tables/sorting data etc is the sort of thing involved.

Hope that helps.

Certifications: IT NVQ Level 3, ECDL, HP APS (2009) and CompTIA A+
    WIP: Lenovo (Warranty repairs)
  4. mazz666

mazz666 New Member

Hi,

how did you get on with the access and excel test as well as the interview?

any hints and tips for my interview later this week which is for a similar position?

how long was your interview and is there anything infor that you could give to help me?

Thanks and Regards,
    Mazz.

5. Anna

Anna New Member

Hi,

What did you have to do for the Excel test in the end?

Anna

6. sudhir

sudhir New Member

Hi,

My name is Sudhir.
    I am having interview at nhs for the information analyst position.
    the interview consist of a 45 minute technical test, testing Excel, SQL and general data analysis and presentation skills.

Please share your experiences if any body faced interview for this position.

7. Shail

Shail New Member

Hi there,
    If any one can help me with NHS interview questions for information security that will be great.

Please share your experience of interview questions.

Thanks in Advance.

Shail: (:

8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF, it would be better for you to start your own thread as this one is over a year old. 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Shail

Shail New Member

Hi,
    Could you please help with Interview questions for Information Security at NHS.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Shail

10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Did you read my post?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Hi,
    Could you please help with Interview questions for Information Security at NHS.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

errr... :twisted:

This thread is full of people who were interviewed for a job at NHS at some point.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  12. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

TBH... No, you either know the answers they want and you stand a chance of getting the role, or you don't. Where Security roles are concerned there really shouldn't be any cutting corners!!

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA