got a question!

Discussion in 'A+' started by riaz.hasan, May 6, 2006.

1. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

Hi Guyz,
    I'm riaz, I graduated in December with a masters in IT and had been applying everywhere for a techsupport entry level job. But so far had no luck, then i came across articles about A+ and MCP and they seemed to contain most of the things that employers want. I was just wondering, after my masters and stuff, i still need to do A+ and MCP? Will that put me above other graduates just like me that are looking for work?? :rolleyes:

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Riaz,

If you do want a job in general support/supporting networks then employers do look for Certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE etc...
    The good news is that you are already *trained up* so should find the entry level certs (A+,N+) quite straight forward. You might decide to go straight for Microsoft certs, but, personally if i were you would go for A+, N+ as it is a good foundation for any career in IT. As for putting yourself above other candidates then experience, certs and people skills will all add together. I know a few people who have been in IT for years with no certs that are using their track record when changing jobs. When you get your job and work on certs then it could be said that you would stand out against people like this...
    Hope this helps :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

One of the qualities that stand out with self study certs is the fact that you are willing to improve your knowledge with your own time and effort and that is something that stands out in any individual.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Yeah, man.

Listen to your uncle Mal. :thumbleft

Cos he's the :afro

J. :biggrin

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

thanx guyz for the advice, I'll first be studying for my A+, and then other certifications...and then look for an IT support job

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3