Got 70-620 In the morning: any final tips ?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Livid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Livid

Livid New Member

Hi All,

I'm taking the 70-620 in the morning and am wondering if anyone has any tips regarding any last minute preparation for this type of exam, as silly as it sounds I haven't done any certification since GCSE's so its a little daunting and any suggestions are welcome regardless of how inconsequential they may seem..

I've been reading the MS Press book for a while now and use vista at work and support it also. I have done a few of the practice tests that come with the book which I have passed on and I did all 305 questions in the suite yesterday and got a passing score so I am pretty happy with what I have learned so I think it's just a case of pre-match nerves more than anything.

But again, any suggestions are welcome, I plan on getting there early and raring to go..

Ed

Certifications: 70-620,70-653
    WIP: 70-642,70-652
  2. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

When i took the XP exam i took the Exam Cram 2 sheet from the book along on the journey to the centre. Helped with nerves to focus on something and reminded me of some of the utilities names that i had rarely used. I would just suggest that you just write up a few notes of any areas that you think you may be weak in and have a read through them about 30 mins before you take the exam.

Relax, take your time and i'm sure you will pass. Good luck, let us know how you got on.:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Since the exam is in the morning, just have a good night sleep. In the exam take your time, but be mindful of the time.

Good luck :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Livid

Livid New Member

Thanks for the replies, yea it's going to be an early night indeed !

Regarding minding the time, I think in the email from Prometric it said the test duration would be 4 hours, I know its going to depend on personal speed (some will be faster than others) and as far as I can tell not all tests are the same but is this realistic?, should I expect a long haul ? or is this purely the max time they would expect anyone to take ?

The MS Press book doesn't have a cram sheet in it, I was thinking of taking my notes with me as I know they have lockers at the test centre but I would feel a bit weird walking into the test centre with a notepad full of notes. I have some links to sites that people have made some quick 5 min review sheets so thinking of having a read through them tonight and tomorrow morning.

Ed

5. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Not sure how long the Vista exam is. Check your study manual that may have the information in it. Or even the MS site. Seems a bit long to me, but i have not taken it myself yet. When i took the XP exam i think it was something like 2 and a half hours. I think i finished it a half hour or so early and i did take my time on the questions. I guess it's all individual though.

I would just print out some of those notes you mention and read a few before the exam on the way (if you are not driving yourself) or in the car before you go in. Focus on the positive and keep the nerves at bay. I felt very eager to take my exam but did notice my hands were shaking a bit during it :p

6. Livid

Livid New Member

Hey all, just thought I would report in with the results !!

Passed the exam with an 893 :D:D

Seemed fairly easy but I think that was down to the revision I had done.

Not sure which to go for next but was really proud with the result !!

7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

nice one - well done

8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! :D

9. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  10. Livid

Livid New Member

Cheers guys,

Only problem I had was when the exam was over and I was doing the survery on how the exam was the system popped an error up and then they couldnt print out my report but they say they are posting this out in the mail today.

Just out of curiosity, does this include the details I need to register with microsoft (the mcp site) ? or is it something else I will get in the post ?

Ed

11. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You will need the printout details to determine both your prometric and mcp id which is allocated on first prometric booking. Also its the only evidence you have that you passed should their computers go screwy, so I wouldn't in general advise leaving the centre without it (make sure it's stamped too!).

Congrats on the pass, wonder if there will be a Vista SP2 opps I mean Windows 7 cert, better get back to it ! :D

12. Livid

Livid New Member

Hey there,

I couldnt print it out and after the tester administrator spoke to the prometric guys via echat they sent her a link for me to go to which was...*drumroll*... the prometric 'contact us' website, it would have taken wild horse's to get me out of there without them confirming my pass (prometric website 'update your profile' confirms this also)

I ended up calling them and they said they had confirmed my pass and would mail the report out which was a relief, I also got a phone call about an hour ago which was the test administrator saying she had managed to print it out and would mail it to me today..

Ed

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Good news on the pass, well done :biggrin

15. Kitkatninja

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  16. Vips_02

Vips_02 Bit Poster

congrats mate..I have one on monday...I am using the self study guide plus pass for sure questions and practice tests..I have managed to get 75-79% on most test.//so i am scared..any advice ..since u just gave one..!!

Certifications: Comptia N+,MCTS Vista,ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: MCITP
  17. Kitkatninja

Please be aware that your "practice" questions are actually braindumps, you can see here for Certguards report.

-Ken