Good uk web hosts

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by JonGlory, Feb 16, 2008.

1. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Hi guys

Just wondering if any of you could point me towards a decent uk web hosting company, im looking to start a web site and want php, and mysql.

After browsing the web, i thought i would have a good idea of what I wanted, but want to get right, so any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

WIP: LIFE
  2. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Try www.dreamhost.com. They're American, but they only cost £60 for the full year (up front) and offer obscene amounts of space.

I went through two other hosts before settling with them (I used to use them a few years ago at work) - I looked around a couple of weeks ago for an alternative but couldn't find anyone who seemed better. I've used them for 3 years now, never had any real problems with them.

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  3. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Cool, thanks

WIP: LIFE
  4. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

For registrars, I normally use Telivo or Fasthosts (Fasthosts offer 1-year registration). I've actually emailed 1and1 to say that I will never use them again - took them about a day to release the domain. :x

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?