Good Price?

Discussion in 'A+' started by legacy2k, Apr 14, 2008.

1. legacy2k

legacy2k Bit Poster

iv just been offered a CompTIA A+ course for 995 instead of 1700ish

i assume this is a amazing deal which i simply cannot pass up or does this sort of offer come around alot??

just curious really

2. DevilsAdvocate

DevilsAdvocate Bit Poster

Hi,

Never done or looked into the A+ courses myself, but that seems a considerable price drop.

I still don't think i'd want to pay that much though. If you're the sort of person who can sit down and learn from a book i'd highly recommend spending a few quid on the Mike Meyers A+ book and just working through it that way. It will cost an awful lot less!

Rob.

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE, Server+
  3. legacy2k

legacy2k Bit Poster

iv got the meyers book & pc Tech street smarts but i found it a little hard to work from just those books

im not too clued up on how these courses work would it be the same as just reading from a book or do you have coursework etc to do?

cheers

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It would depend on the quality of the course. Some would give you inferior books and expect you to read them. Others would have some class time and perhaps hands on experience.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

These place will charge you cash give you some books and tell you to read them and they may offer some sort of support, some may hold classes.

I would say both prices are rediqulous, you have the most recommended books for the A+ just keep going over the concepts untill you understand them, if you need help you can ask on here.

Buy an old PC from a junk shop or recycling centre so you can practice taking it to bits and putting back together and use the cash you were going to spend on some course on a couple of upgrades for the old pc like an expansion card or dvd re-writer or hard drive so you can practice.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I did Cisco IT Essentials 1 + Self studying + CompTIA A+ exam fees + 2 A+ Books all for under £400 @ a local College.:biggrin
    £995 seems a lot to pay for getting A+ when their are cheaper methods out their.
    Why the reduction? May be a way to sucker you in to signing up quicker!!

Who's the company offering the course?

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's about 995 more than you should be paying. :)

Learn how to self-study now. Companies aren't going to pay for you to take a training course every time they want you to learn about new technologies.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Quoted for Truth...
    To be successful in this industry (as many other professions), self-study is a must. :blink

The A+ is usually considered an easier cert to start with. Try the self-study, if it doen't work, you can spend the money later (TP's won't mind) :dry

9. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Its classic sales, make em think they are getting a discount and they will sign up. No doubt the 'offer' ends tomorrow so you have to sign up now or miss out...

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation