Good PDA.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Luddym, May 7, 2007.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a PDA / palmtop with a 3/4 built in keyboard, colour screen and ability to use the Windows CEword/excel products (Editing as well, so Motorola Q is out, i believe.) Id also like to to play music and videos.... any ideas guys?

I had looked at the jornada series, but they look awfully antiquated now, any new style products about that you guys would reccomend?

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

HP seem to corner the market on PDA's or if you can get hold of one Dell X5's. The one thing you need to remember with PDA's is most models are limited to how many PC's/Laptops you can sync to. Usually two!

Are you going to be using the PDA at work or just for yourself?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Sorry forgot to post the links!:oops:

For Dell X5 Review Click Here 8)

Dell Handhelds

Also PDA's are also known as IPAQ's and here is a review site about them IPAQ CHOICE :biggrin

4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

It's mainly going to be myself. I'm getting a full sized laptop for work, but I have about 2 hours of travel each day and want to do some study on the Train/Bus..... so a laptop is too cumbersome.

Basically I'm looking at tranfering some training vids onto it and watching those on the way, as well as viewing and editing notes and pdf's. :D

5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the links. :biggrin

Have to admit I'm finding it hard to find one I like the actual look of. I have in my mind the image of a cut down laptop, a little like the psion series for a few years gone by.

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Your Welcome Mate!

If your buying a second hand one ie. from a friend or off ebay. Make sure it includes a cradle and charger. You'll need MS active sync software as well.:biggrin