Good Morning All

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Valmont, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Valmont

Valmont New Member

Another newbie is joining today. I thought I would say hello to everyone I can and give some information about myself. I found this place by searching for IT certifications in the UK and that began from my getting a role as a 1st line customer support technician(CST) and feeling capable, and now acclimated to the role and the environment, but somewhat lacking in knowledge compared to my co-workers.

I've been lurking about as a guest here for just longer than a fortnight, and I thought I'd sign up as I have a few questions to ask and hope to find some people to talk with about both my role and the various IT roles I'm looking at. As for some personal information, thankfully I'm not the old man of the office even if at 24 half of the people I work with are younger than I am. But I'm new to the field and think I gained entry since I have a great chunk of experience in dealing with infuriating and difficult people as a part of the job. I also have only been in the UK for a few years and think of moving here as coming home, even if I haven't figured out how to put the plum in my mouth before I speak.

In any event, I'm glad to be here and hope to learn more than I have on my own, and with any effort help others learn as well. Cheers!

WIP: Unsure
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

Welcome to CF

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
  4. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

welcome to the site... i think @ 24 i was just coming out of uni... scary and exiting times!

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100
  5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

So, where are you starting on the Certification route? Do you currently have any IT qualifications?

8)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security