Good day folks...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by GeeGee, Nov 12, 2009.

1. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

Hi,

I have worked in IT for 18 years with a personal interest that dates back to the likes of the VIC-20 and the Commodore Pet. I left my full time job (level2/3 engineer) with a media company in order to start my own business supporting clueless home users (bless their cotton socks!), before the true realisation of the recession had dawned.

As such, I'm now unemployed (people are more worried about food on the table than the slow computer just now), so I am taking the opportunity to avail myself of some free Open University training, heading towards a BSc. (I can highly recommend the OU by the way).

Great forum this. I've already been converted to the 'self training' way of thinking, and I've only been lurking on here for a few days. Good work people.

Bye for now.

Certifications: Just GCSE'
    WIP: BSc (Open University)
  2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Commodore - great company. I loved my VIC-20, Commodore 64, Commodore 128, and Amiga 500. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!