Gonna Self Study

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Remus, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Remus

Remus Bit Poster

Hey Guys

After much thought (and hassle from the NITLC rep - leaving me voicemail and sending me texts trying to convince me to sign up :deal ) I have decided to go down the self study path.

I just ain't willin' to fork out 4 grand on a course I can complete in the same amount of time for a hell of a lot less. I have worked out I need to pass 9 exams in order to complete to course NITLC offer (A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA). As I already have my A+ cert that leaves me with exams N10-002 (N+); 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 (MCSA - the A+ and N+ act as electives to this cert); 70-293, 70-294, 70-297, 70-284 (MCSE) and 640-801 (CCNA).

I'll be buying all the relevant MS Press Training Kits and others as well as a station I can install VMware on and run Server 2003.

So, if I study for one exam at a time whilst simulating workshop scenarios on VMware, I don't see why I shouldn't pass in two years? :onthePC

What do you guys think?

Certifications: C&G MCSIM lvl2
    WIP: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Two years might be a tad optimistic for all of the above, Remus, but I admire your determination. Very good luck, and remember to keep us handy throughout :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

I would agree with Gav, 2 years does seem a bit tight to do all that. However, with enough determination and motivation, and allot of spare time, it couyld very well be possible mate. Good luck, keep us posted with your progres.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Certainly sounds feasible Remus, all depends on the time you are willing to devote to it. There are always good people round here who are ready and willing to give you some support when you need it. Good Luck.

Phil

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. Remus

Remus Bit Poster

Cheers guys.

Ok, maybe It'll take a little longer than two years, but I'm pretty sure I can make MCSA by this time next year :)

That'll do me for the time being!

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't know, Remus. You might make it in 2 years if you didn't have a life.

jk :tongue

Dont' try to kill yourself. It is good to have goals but remember, you are entering this career (hopefully) because you find it interesting and fun and you want to do it for a long time to come. Don't burn out early. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Some very optimistic plans there mate, and we're here to help whenever you need it. I think it's also a good plan to take it step by step and work from A+ upwards. As for all the above in 2 years, it just depends how much time you have on your hands. Good luck too. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Remus

Remus Bit Poster

Thanks fellas.

I'll keep you all informed on my progress.

Now, back to my Network+ Complete Study Guide............... :rolleyes:

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Don't forget to take a crack at the occasional Network+ random question. Never know. Might help. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+