1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna get back into my I.T studies again, Network + here i come

Discussion in 'Network+' started by tysfoot, Mar 24, 2010.

1. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Hiya guys

ive decided that after lots of stalls, starts and stops that im gonna get back into my studies again

Ive wanted a change in career now for a good few years so i decided i wanted to get into I.T, i passed my A+ with flying colours last year but soon after i passed i found it hard to even get a job interview and i felt i still confident enough about the job, so i just drifted away.

Anyway after months of thinking should i get back into ?, will i like it ?, will it be to hard ?. Ive decided that im gonna study and study hard and im determined now to get a foot into I.T

Ive got the mcdst book but from what alot of people say on here its best to do the N+ first, so ive ordered that today from amazon and im gonna stucture my studies out porperly this time

Im gonna dedicate a min of 1 hour a day 5 times a week and just really go for it this time as i cant stay in my current job for any longer

The information in threads and posts ive found on here in invaluable and i thank eveyone who has give me the inspiration to carry on with my studies :D:D:D:D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Sounds like a plan!

Good luck with the studies:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Sounds like a plan. The N+ should make a lot of concepts much clearer and help you progress in the MCDST. You could always lump in the 70-682 (upgrade exam from MCDST to MCITP in Windows 7) once you've gone through that. This should keep most people busy for 6 months (give or take a few... everyone studies at their own pace).

Good luck!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  4. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Im currently running vista to aid me with my studies but with the N+ will i need to be running XP.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+