Going rate for websites?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Uruloke, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Uruloke

Uruloke Nibble Poster

Hi guys, one of my friends has an acquaintance who wants a website for their business which they are about to start up. Now I'm not sure on the exact details of what the guy wants, but I believe it'll be a simple 'this is us, this is what we do, here's how to contact us' kind of site. I may use flash depending on what the guy wants. Has anyone on here done anything like this? If so, what did you charge?

Some of you guys are probably aware that I am (hopefully)about to embark on a MCSE: Security course and you may be wondering why I'm doing that when I can design websites and use Macromedia Flash. I'll tell you why, it's BLOODY BORING!!! I quite like mucking about with flash but I don't want to do it as a living, and html coding? Sitting in front of a screen all day writing code is NOT the way I want to make a living. It's pretty much just a hobby for me, but I might do this site just for the extra cash I could really do with right now

So, guys 'n gals, any ideas? If anyone would like an example of my work you can go to here. The website isn't mine, but the simple map is mine.

Certifications: GNVQ (Going Nowhere Very Quickly!)
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey Uruloke - sorry I can't answer your question, but that map is WAAAAAY-cool 8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Uruloke

Uruloke Nibble Poster

Thanks Jak, is it ok if I post about the map in one of the OT sections? I thought I'd ask first is it's linked to in here.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Dropped you a PM m8.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Uruloke

Uruloke Nibble Poster

:( Has no-one got any ideas? :cry:

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I have heard some people charge a set fee of £50 a page and others say £300 all in.

Personally, (not that I know anything about web design) but I don't know how people can quote without knowing what type of work is envolved. Surely, the business that wants the website will have to give you the text they want in hand to start off with?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT